Saturday 26 March 2016

Out and About.

Due to other commitments I have not been able to get out birding as I would like. Had a spare morning three weeks ago and went out to Swallow Lagoon. The small birds were very scarce; but I did tick a first a White-winged Triller.
 This was the best photo I could get of the White-winged Triller.

 In a tree beside the Triller a Dusky Woodswallow and one of its young.


Back at Lake Guyatt The Mistletoe birds were out, couldn't get a good photo of the female as she was too high and obscured by the mistletoe. Here's a couple of shots of the male.



As normal the fantails were every where this one sat just in camera focus.

 I have been trying to get a photo of a  Lathams Snipe which has been around Flooding Creek. Unfortunately it has seen me 5 times out of 5; but whilst the Snipe beat me I did get a glimpse of a Lewin's Rail (I think) Not a good photo as the light was against me.
 Fan-tailed Cuckoo at Lake Guyatt.

Ross.

No comments:

Post a Comment